August 13, 2015

My favourite artist.


Recently I was recently reminded of Artist Appreciation Month by Patience Brewster, a designer of handmade Christmas ornaments and gifts and so I was prompted to consider who has been my inspiration.  Kristina Werner, or popular as starofmay, is my first inspiration for making greeting cards.

3 years ago, I wanted to make a beautiful handmade card for my husband, which is when I came across Kristina’s channel on youtube. I loved her videos and the way she showed step by step process of making cards, various tools she had used and the perfection with which she finished off a handmade card, have all motivated me. I challenged myself if I can make such cards and implement my ideas with perfection. And that’s how my card making journey had began. I am also inspired by Jennifermcguire, Gayatri Murali, Sanketi, Aga, and the list goes on and on. There were many artists out there; however Kristina Werner has always been on top of my list.

It’s a wonderful world of card making that I was introduced to. I love everything about it. The colours, the variety of papers, wide range of tools, stamps and techniques. It isn’t time-taking when compared to the other form of art that I work on, like sketching, painting and different forms of designing. This is an advantage I have with cardmaking.

Thank you Patience for reminding me about the Artist Appreciation month. You are the reason, I have this post up today.

Thanks for stopping by readers.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment