May 1, 2015
April 3, 2015
I had the Oval Tag Fri-dies for cutting the frame off center of the card. Then I have made these pretty flowers using the Loving thoughts Stamp set and Loving Blooms Fri-dies. I had used Bold Wishes stamp set for the sentiment, arranged all the elements and finished the card. I had used some gemstones, twine and a white ink gel pen to add highlights to the card.
March 18, 2015
I has used some water colours to create the background, on a water colour paper. Then I had trimmed of the inner rectangle using my paper trimmer which gives the sentiment a framed look. This sketch is ideal for large sentiments, isn't it?
However the sentiment did bleed a little when I has added glossy accent drops on top to give the dew effect to the card. You can see those tiny rhinestones and glossy accent drops in the close up below.
March 10, 2015
- All the paper printouts, tip sheets, sketches and other reference material, which is often used for crafting but not organized.
- Keep a track of all the growing stash and maintain a reference of the following
FEW USES OF THE BINDER
- Easiest way to look up for stamps or other stash that you need for a project.
- A great reference to keep track of all the stamps, dies, punches and other stash that you own. (as we may not remember a stamp set that is not so often used, bought a couple of years ago)
- Details about all the stamp sets you own is preserved.
- All the lookup information that you need for crafting purposes, will be in a single home.
- No more loosing important reference documents or helpful information.
- No more rumbling all your shelves and drawers for finding the right stamp set
HOW TO MAKE THE REFERENCE BINDER
- 3 Ring Reference Binder
- Page dividers
- All the paper printouts to organize and file
- Page protectors (Optional)
- 3 hole paper punch (Optional)
- Colour pens and stickers (Optional)
Below are the steps for making this binder.
Step 1. You could personalize the Reference binder front with a decorated pattern paper or a graphic printout of your choice.. This step is optional. Below is an image of how I personalized my binder, with white heat embossing and white gel pen.
- Dies / Punches
- Prepare a PDF/ word document with all the images of stamps that you have in your stash.
- You could include digital stamps that you own as well.
- In case you have some miscellaneous stamps that you cannot find a reference image of, or rubber stamps, you could stamp them directly onto an A4 paper and file them.
- Take printouts of the word document that you had prepared and file them as shown below, into your page protectors.
- Prepare a PDF/ Word document with images of all the dies that you own.
- Along with dies you could also file paper punches together.
- Take printouts of the word documents that you has prepared and file them into the page protectors.
- In case you own paper punches, then you could punch out some samples from colour papers. You could then glue these paper punches onto A4 sheets and file them along as well. (image shown below)
- At times you come across some creative ways to use specific stamp sets that you own, which can be a very helpful reference document to save.
- Also, if you own any PTI stamps, then you could download and save the tip sheets that they share online for the corresponding stamp sets.
- All the possible combinations for a layering stamps or sentiment stamp sets can also be saved.
- All the above information can be created into a word/ PDF document. Later print all the pages and file them into the page protectors.
- A Sample tip sheet that I have filed is shown below.
- All those interesting sketches that you find online, or all the scraps of hand drawn sketches that you have can be filed under this category
- Certain websites/ blogs share sketches for free, which can be downloaded and saved.
- All the above materials can be printed out and filed under this category for reference.
- Below image shows all the sketches that I have saved from CASE This sketch blog.
- Any graphic design tips/ tricks that you find helpful can be saved and filed under this category.
- Standard card sizes, shapes, templates can be saved under this category as well